A few of the common signs your pet may need emergency care include:
- Trouble or no breathing
- Weak heartbeat or pulse
- Extreme lethargy or trouble standing
- Extreme vomiting and/or diarrhea, especially involving blood
- Loss of consciousness; unable to awaken
- Broken bones or open wounds
- Excessive bleeding or blood in eyes, ears, nose, or urine/stool
If you are experiencing an emergency situation with your pet during our normal business hours, a member of our medical staff will help you assess the situation and determine the severity of your pet’s condition. Please contact us right away at 509-522-0763.
We are on call after hours for our clients Mondays through Thursdays on regular workdays until 8 pm.
We are on call for Urgent Care veterinary needs for the community Saturdays from 8 am to 4 pm.
During these on-call hours, the clinic is not open, but the doctor can be reached through our answering service at 509-522-0763.
After our local on-call hours and on Sundays, there is a 24-hour veterinary emergency clinic that can also be accessed by calling our phone number at 509-522-0763.
If you suspect that your pet may have ingested a toxic substance, call us right away at 509-522-0763. If it is outside of our normal office hours, contact the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at 888-426-4435. The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and offers consultations and other emergency services. A $65 fee may be charged.
Common household pet toxins include:
- Xylitol (found in gum, candy, and toothpaste)
- Garlic, Onions, Chives
- Grapes, Raisins
- Bleach, other household cleaning liquids
- Human medications
- Some household plants
If you believe your pet has ingested something potentially poisonous, seek help right away